The City Hall
The City Hall, the centre and symbol of Subotica, was built in 1912 and was designed by Komor and Jakab, the renowned architects. The decorative features of art nouveau, the style of the turn of centuries, are enriched on this building with a romantic nuance of the Hungarian folklore, by floral elements made of ceramics and wrought iron. The Ceremonial Council Hall and its splendid stained windows are the heart of the building. Likewise in the past, the City Hall is an administrative building, but there are also cultural institutions, shops and banks. Its 45 m high observatory provides an unforgettable sight of Subotica and its neighbourhood.